The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting for Census Takers in Phelps County, MO - Submit your application in early - APPLY NOW!
Training Rate: $12.50 per hour
Regular Rate: $14.00 per hour
Duty Station: Work from home
How to apply: Apply exclusively online at www.2020census.gov/jobs
- Use automated devices (e.g. smartphones or laptop computers) to conduct job activities.
- Review assigned work to locate households for verifying addresses and/or conducting interviews.
- Conduct interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. Explain the purpose of the census interview, answer respondent's questions, collect information following a script, and record census data using devices and/or paper forms.
- Update address lists and maps.
- Validate address and map updates for quality purposes.
- Follow procedures to conduct accurate work while maintaining acceptable production rates.
- Maintain and submit records of hours worked, miles driven, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
- Meet/talk with supervisor, as necessary, to review procedures, report issues or concerns, and receive additional instructions
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizen and be 18 years or older to be hired.
- Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable - Males only. (www.sss.gov)
About US Census Bureau:
The U.S. Census counts each resident of the country, where they live on April 1, every ten years ending in zero. The Constitution mandates the enumeration to determine how to apportion the House of Representatives among the states. We have jobs with competitive salaries, paid training, and flexible hours. Many positions are field positions, where candidates can work-from-home and in their local community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.