We are immediately seeking a Purchasing Support Agent to join our team! At Columbia Safety you will be part of a well established, fast-paced, growing company as we diversify into new markets and excitedly take on new challenges. Your role as our newest Purchasing Support Agent will play a vital role in our supply chain.
Columbia Safety & Supply keeps America's workers both safe and productive. Founded in 2005, we are North America's premier outfitter of fall protection, safety equipment and gear for at-height workers, industry, and construction. We exceed our customer's expectations, provide unmatched customer service, prompt delivery, and strive for continued innovation.
In the role of Purchasing Support Agent, while helping to manage our inventory and vendor relationships, you will have opportunities to help reduce expenses and increase profit margins, two actions vital to our continued and aggressive growth. You'll find opportunities to provide input and direction, helping to shape the department's future. You'll provide value at every level and in every area of our company, from customer service all the way up to the executive team. At Columbia Safety we’re looking to hire self-starters and team players that are willing to go the extra mile to attain excellence.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Identify and share opportunities to streamline processes and eliminate waste
- Monitor incoming and outgoing communications
- Provide colleagues with status updates
- Follow up on ongoing projects
- Assist Sales and Customer Service Departments with projects
- Track metrics and provide reports
Expectations of the Purchasing Support Agent:
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage purchasing within specified parameters
- Take on self-managed projects
- Provide feedback to help navigate ongoing projects
- Manage inventory software for optimization
Employee will progressively learn new skills to take on more advanced tasks. The company believes firmly in promotion from within and the vision for this role includes professional and personal evolution, as the demands of the company require and as the skills of the employee allow.
Qualifications for the Purchasing Support Agent:
- Previous experience in a purchasing department or other related fields a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of urgency
- Commitment to our stakeholders: Customers, Employees and Vendors
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Persistence with the ability to schedule and follow-up
- Experience with CRM and ERP inventory management software is a plus
- Computer skills including use of Word, Excel and other software as required
Columbia Safety features an energetic and fun work place environment. Your professional and personal success are as important as the company's, we take pride in our employees and their career path with our team. We live out our values every day and offer excellent benefits to our employees, including on-site amenities like: Free food in the healthy fresh food fridge and access to the company's onsite gym.
We offer a competitive salary with endless potential to grow within the organization! Applications are being taken exclusively online.
Columbia Safety & Supply is a worldwide distributor of industrial supplies, fall protection, safety equipment, traffic safety supplies, work-wear, lifting and rigging equipment, professional power and hand tools, work equipment, gear bags, canvas buckets, and related products for commercial and industrial at-height applications.
At Columbia Safety & Supply, your professional and personal success are as important as the company's. We take pride in our employees and we have created a driven, energetic and fun workplace environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, along with with endless potential to grow within the organization!