Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for full-time permanent Float Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to join our Regional Nursing Support Healthcare team.
Details on the Corizon Health Float LPN program
* Rate of pay for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) - $27/hr., shift differentials
* Nurses must be licensed in Missouri or compact state and have successful credentialing and security clearance.
* Float assignment nurses in the program will work 36-40 hours/week (benefit eligible) on a rotating 12 week assignment at correctional centers in the following locations: Jefferson City, Boonville, Fulton, Moberly and Tipton, MO (position requires ability to work at all 5 locations).
* Position requires full availability for all shifts - days, evening and night shifts.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
* Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
* Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
* Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses.
Corizon Health LPNs are responsible for:
* Medication Pass as ordered to primarily ambulatory environment.
* Assist with emergencies as needed.
* LPNs also ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
* Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients.
* Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
* Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
* Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
* Generous Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Tuition Assistance and so much more.
* Free online Continuing Education program, Comprehensive Onboarding
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Location/Region: Jefferson City, MO