PAE is seeking Linemen to support scientific research at McMurdo Station Antarctica! Contracts range from 5 to 12 months
The McMurdo Line Crew performs overhead and underground power distribution installation and maintenance, working with voltages up to 4160 volts utilizing design drawings, specifications, and wiring diagrams, in accordance with applicable codes.
- Current Journeyman Lineman license, jurisdictions equivalent, or proof of holding a Journeyman Lineman Union card.
- Minimum four years of experience in all phases of the lineman trade including rough wiring, power distribution wiring and installation and maintenance of power distribution systems, installation of conduit and wiring of electrical equipment.
- Experience working with voltages of 4160.
- Understanding of National Electrical Code Grounding and Bonding requirements.
- U.S./State Vehicle Operators License is required and CDL is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods.
- US citizenship or Permanent US Resident status.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts, and safety objectives.
- Experience working in a commercial or industrial environment.
KEYWORDS: lineman, electrical lineman, electrical construction lineman, line man, journeyman lineman
Location/Region: Columbia, MO