The individual in this classification performs professional work and advanced-level customer service-related activities in the preparation and dissemination of information to the membership of the Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:(This list is neither all-inclusive, nor restrictive; management reserves the right to further define duties based on operational needs.)
- Provides plan and benefit education to the membership of the health care plan in individual and group settings, which includes current state employees and retirees, public entity employees and retirees, and their dependents.
- Provides assistance to walk-in members, responds to members’ secure messages and provides back-up telephone coverage to the Member Services call center.
- Supports communication efforts of affiliated or cooperative organizations such as MOSERS and representatives of the cafeteria plan.
- Is an account representative to assigned public entities.
- Is an account representative to assigned state agencies’ human resource and payroll representatives.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures manual for payroll/personnel representatives.
- Responds accurately/promptly to telephone/written inquiries, and handles advanced-level customer and payroll/personnel representative inquiries and problems.
- Analyzes and evaluates the member education program and recommends changes.
- Assists with the development of member handbooks, presentations, brochures, and other communication materials.
- Assists with the development, filming, and production of member education e-learning.
- Meets with agency officials and attends staff meetings as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current state medical plan preferred, or some knowledge regarding the administration of medical benefits programs.
- Working knowledge of insurance industry practices, terminology and functions preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar PC based software.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint with the ability to create/develop PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience with interactive e-learning trainings.
- Ability to professionally conduct group presentations under sometimes stressful situations.
- Ability to prepare and edit informational material for presentations; and the ability to prepare and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to quickly learn details of the MCHCP health plan design.
- Ability to operate various A/V equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate benefit plan designs to members of MCHCP and public entity enrollees.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills with large groups, in one-on-one meetings, over the telephone, in webinars and in written communication.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures; and ability to prioritize, organize and perform work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all MCHCP information and records in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to serve as a productive team member and the ability to demonstrate a professional and positive attitude while establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with MCHCP management, staff,members, human resource and payroll representatives, vendors and the general public.
- Ability and willingness to travel independently and extensively throughout the state, with occasional overnight stay, in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to operator a motor vehicle in accordance with MCHCP policy and State of Missouri Laws and Statutes.
- Physical ability to regularly lift and transport boxes of plan materials and equipment used in site visits and group presentations; ability to bend and lift items (weighing up to 50 lbs.) without assistance, to place in and remove from car trunk.
- Physical ability and stamina to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or Public Administration with specialization in insurance, benefits administration, or closely related area.
- One (1) year experience in information research and dissemination, training, communication, marketing, benefits administration, or closely related field.
- Must obtain and maintain a broker’s license for health/accident insurance from the Department of Insurance within six (6) months of employment with MCHCP.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Location/Region: Jefferson City, MO