The Benefit Assistant functions as the primary administrative staff at the reception desk. The position provides customer service in the performance of technical and paraprofessional work in the dissemination of information regarding the Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan. This individual will also serve as a backup to the call center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Provide a positive customer experience performing the following tasks:
- Greet and check invisitors.
- Answer multi-line telephone promptly and professionally directing callers to the appropriate department for assistance.
- Process returned mail according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Assist walk-in members making premium payments.
- Effectively and efficiently operate standard office equipment including printer, facsimile, personal computer, and label printer.
- Compose and type general memorandums and correspondence as directed by the supervisor or manager.
- Process and review reports with various deadlines.
- Assist call center during annual Open Enrollment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed member outreach telephone logs.
- Attend required training and staff meetings.
- Work in conjunction with all necessary MCHCP departments to resolve member issues.
Location/Region: Jefferson City, MO